Question
Posted by: Nomzamo | 2010/05/19

Cotizone Level

Hi diet doc,its been a while.
I went to the doctor last week and he mentioned that I need to see a physician to discuss why I wake up every morning with a swollen face and hands.This used to happen to my feet as well, but I see that has subsided a little. He says that my cortizone levels may be high, but the blood tests came back with nothing.
I am worried because I do follow a healthy eating lifestyle but not losing weight at all. I eat a lot of mixed veggies with a lot of green peace on there. I read somewhere where it said that I might also have too much protein in my system and thereby swell all the time. But what does that mean if I still have 30kg''s to go and nothing is happening, What do I eat then?It really does worry me because my high blood pressure has gone up as well (which might because I am always under pressure work& personal-wise) and I am only 31yrs old. Is there anything that I am doing wrong, except that I work abnormal hours and never have time to go to the gym?? Please help...I am desperate :-(.
Thanks.

Dear Nomzamo
I agree with your doctor that you MUST see a physician to find out what is causing you to wake up every morning with a swollen face and hands. This could be due to a condition called oedema or water retention which can in turn be caused by a wide variety of underlying conditions such as an electrolyte imbalance, kidney problems, hormone imbalances, etc. So please consult a physician ASAP to get a diagnosis. Once we know what is going on we can make dietary changes.
Please let me know what the physician diagnosed.
Holding thumbs for you

2
Posted by: Nomzamo | 2010/05/20

Thanx a mil Doc 4 ur input. I have just called a phisician but only managed2get an appointment in August. Maybe I should try and find another phisician & take the referal letter with me as well?

I dont know...

Reply to Nomzamo

Dear Nomzamo
Holding thumbs for you