Question
Posted by: twinkle | 2004/01/21

Cost of the Pill

Hi, I would like to start using the pill. I am 19 and my parents do not know that I am sexually active. I don't have a lot of money, but would like to pay for this medication without having to ask them. What is the average cost for it monthly and where is the best place to get it?

The cheapest option is to get them from your local Family Planning clinic. At a pharmacy, prices will vary between about R50 and R150

3
Posted by: anon | 2004/01/22

i go to my doctors, nurce checks blood pressure etc and writes out prescription, collect my pills at the chemist free

Reply to anon
Posted by: Okay! | 2004/01/22

Yes, the best place and also very informative will be you nearest clinic. You could ask your local pharmacy where you nearest clinic is allocated. The cost there would be about R10 per month and they monitor you as well in terms of blood pressure and other symptoms that might occur.

Reply to Okay!
Posted by: starr | 2004/01/22

Hi I got a prescription from my doc...i collect mine at the local chemist and pay them R3.50...once every 3 months.
Alternatively, visit your local health care clinic, speak to the nurses there...i believe you can get contraceptives free of charge.

Reply to starr