Question
Posted by: CatsMum | 2005/07/01

Cost of Contraception

Can you tell me whether there are any fixed costs for contraception or does it depend on the retailer - ie do we have to shop around for the best price or is each product price fixed please?

Are you allowed to recommend a retailer to me in the Sandton area?

Expert ImagePharmacist

.

1
Posted by: Pharmacist | 2005/07/01

Since the government's controversial pricing regulations was declared nul and void you'll once again have to shop around for the cheapest price, although difference in price won't really differ that much from pharmacy to pharmacy- Pobably R5-10 at most, so it's hardly worth making phone calls or driving around to 10 different pharmacies.
What you can also concider is contraception made available by the state. These include normal Triphasil and Ovral and are available at a minimal cost from most pharmacies with clinics. One such pharmacy is Ferngate pharmacy in Vale avenue, Randburg. For the cheapest prices you can consider going to a click or Dischem, but it's hardly worth the saving if you concider the amount of time wasted by standig in long cues.

Reply to Pharmacist