Question
Posted by: shelley | 2007/06/19

Cosmetics - Whats in them

I recently attended a talk with regards to our endocrine systems and how we are 'polluting' them by using cosmetics, shampoos etc which contain harmufl substances. Please could you direct me in terms of which sunstances are the most harmful and what the alternatives would be to use.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

This is an important topic that deserves a comprehensive article; I plan to write one dealing with it so look out for this on the site in the near future. In the meantime, I'd like to direct you to an excellent web resource: the Environmental Working Group's 'Skin Deep' (http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/), a cosmetic safety database which lists thousands of products according to their toxicity/safety. You can also search for a specific cosmetic on their database.