Question
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2004/10/11

Cortizone

Wanting to find out if use of Cortizone to develope babies lungs are safe for the babies and if there are any side effects they could suffer because of it. I am 28 weeks and pregnant with twins, I have been having alot of problems with my kidneys and back. My gynea wants to start injecting me with Cortizone to develope the babies lungs. Would this be the correct course of treatment so soon ? Very scared what effect it might have on my babies once they are born.

Sterods are used to help the babies lungs if premature birth is anticipated. The benefits mostly outweigh the risks.