Question
Posted by: tubla | 2007/05/28

Cortisone injections

My 11yr old son is going to have "right wrist infiltration and plaster put on". How safe is cortisone in children, is the infiltration painful and will there be any side effects? He's been complaining of pain in the wrist and the inside of the hand is swollen but x-rays and blood works come back normal.

Dear Tubla
The infiltration is quite sore, the cortisone will be safe and there should not be any side effects unless the area gets a bleed. I hope an orthopod will be doing this?

1
Posted by: Tubla | 2007/05/31

Yes, an orthopod will be doing the procedure. He will be put under completely. Will he need physiotherapy after the cast comes off?

Reply to Tubla