Question
Posted by: CORTISONE INJECTION SPRAINED ANKLE | 2006/04/04

CORTISONE INJECTION SPRAINED ANKLE

MY ORTHO HAS GIVEN ME 2 CORTISONE(CELESTONE) INJECTIONS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS AS I AM REALLY STRUGGLING WITH A SPRAINED ANKLE + TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME.
IS THIS THE WAY TO GO?
IS CORTISONE SAFE? MY ANKLE HAS BLUISH BRUISES WHERE HE INJECTED AND I FIND THAT MY FACIAL SKIN BECOMES VERY DRY , RED AND IRRITATED.
HOW LONG DOES CORTISONE TAKE TO EXIT YOUR BODY AND WILL THE SIDE EFFECTS GO AWAY?
ORTHO SAID I SHOULD GO BACK IN A MONTH'S TIME - DO YOU PERHAPS KNOW WHY?

Expert ImageArchive

I am not a great fan of cortisone - it is a very strong anti-inflammatory, but has does have some nasty side effects, especially with prolonged use.

You need to get seen to from a physio basis.

Douglas