Question
Posted by: Carike | 2004/03/11

Cortisone

Good Day,

I managed to get very bad back and neck spasm. Thanks to my doctors, chiropractor and physiotherapist it is almost sorted out. As part of my treatment I got 2 cortisone injections in 1 weeks time about 5 days apart.
I heard they say that cortisone aids in water retention and that I will pick up lots of weight.
1. How true is this and how long will the cortisone take to work out of my system?
2. Is there certain foods that I must eat to help my body (I have joined weighless recently)
3. and by drinking lots of water and doing lots of cardio will I be able to help my body getting rid of all the negative effects etc quicker?

Thank You
Carike

Carike,
1. It only happens when you take cortisone for long periods.
2. There isn’t really something you can eat to speed up the process, but then again, there is no need to.
3. It won’t do any harm.
Good luck.