Question
Posted by: Joe | 2007/07/23

Cortisol deficiency / Tired Adrenal

Hello doc,

I have done an online Hormone Balance test and I checked all the symptoms for a group that specified a 'cortisol deficiency / tired adrenals'.

I had a lot of stress lately, various infections that wasn't treated in time, brown spots on my skin, serious hair loss, dry skin, low blood pressure, low blood sugar, upper back ache, etc.

What physical tests can I perform to check the levels of cortisol in my body and to check the state of my adrenals? If this is not the problem, what else can be wrong?

Thank you, very much for your help.

Dear Joe

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your symptoms sound like Addison's Disease. To confirm the diagnosis, you should have an 08h00 am plasma cortisol level test, as well as ACTH stimulation test done. Consult your GP, in order for him/her to arrange these tests.

Good luck with the tests.

Kind regards