Question
Posted by: jitte | 2004/09/28

cortisol

I read today about cortisol being a stress hormone.
I have had severe stress the last 12 months with my mother dying and partner having an affair and asking me to leave the house. I react badly to this amount of stress and now regularly suffer from intense inflammation. I feel hot, my feet look like lobsters with swollen toes and my stomach swells to capacity. When I am calm my stomach is flat, my feet are cool and I relax. What can I do to turn this around and what should I take to prevent my severe reaction when faced with any news that causes me to stress.

Jitte, it might be due to stress, but I doubt that it is due to cortisol on its own. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.