Question
Posted by: annie | 2008/06/20

corticosteroid side-effects

My mother has been on corticosteroids for 50 years with the resultant awful side-effects both physical and mental. I am interested to know where I can obtain more detailed info of the effects of cortisone on cellular level e.g. destroying calcium and the resultant efect on the brain and behaviour e.g. the role of calcium in problem solving and rational thinking. I have found nothing on the web - do I have to do a degree in Physiology or where can I start with my research?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please go to http://www.drugs.com/cdi/cortisone.html to gather all the requested information regarding cortisone.

Kind regards