Question
Posted by: Jo | 2004/11/12

"CORRECTIVE" SURGERY?

Though I am quite embarrassed, I need your help. Since I can remember, I had long minora. I have 2 children and it really bothers me that it is now even longer than before. It looks awful – I feel too ashamed to let my husband of 13 years see me naked. It bothers me so much that it is starting to affect my sex life. I want to know if this is normal and will it be possible to get corrective surgery for this problem? Who will be able to do this kind of surgery (not a man please) and what will the approximate costs be?

How can you help?

Surgery can be done by a gynaecologist. Remember though that there are complications to any form of surgery and what you describe is perfectly normal. Costs will depend on the individual doctor and hospital.

2
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

Start by seeing a gynae. S/HE WILL refer you to the surgeon appropraitely if s/he feels it necessary.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: PN | 2004/11/12

I would think that a Plastic Surgeon would be the one to consult on this one.

Good Luck

Reply to PN