Question
Posted by: Clueless | 2008/01/14

Copper IUD

I have just had a copper IUD inserted. I was very nervous when I went to the doctor and forgot to ask some important questions. Can anyone help me?
- Can I have sex straight away?
- Can I use tampons or do I have to wait for a certain period of time?

You can have sex in 2-3 days. You can use tampons.

2
Posted by: LA | 2008/01/14

i also had one inserted 3 yrs ago, if my remember correctly my gynae told me to wait 2-3 days, so that the IUD can settle seeing that its a foreign object in your body..
i can't help you with the tampon story, i don't trust those things so i stay clear...

i hope i helped a bit

Reply to LA
Posted by: Jan | 2008/01/14

I had one put in and didn't have a problem having sex with my husband that night. But to him there might seem like there is something there but I think it is all in the mind as he knew it was there. And I only use tampons. But if you are really that unsure maybe just give your gyne a call, I am sure he/she will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Reply to Jan