Question
Posted by: Phephe | 2004/02/19

coping with hiv status

I cannot cope with my status, i went for the test when I was 4 months pragnant and i was negative, gave birth 8 months ago with the mind that I was still clear but when my baby was 7 months old decided to go for a test which proved positive and the baby is positive as well, my boyfriend is supportive but scared to go for a test, now I am always depressed and do not know what steps to take.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

You need to go and discuss this with your doctor

12
Posted by: Phephe | 2004/03/15

Can the expect tell me the meaning of
HIV-1 RNA copies - 2440/ml
log units 3.387
Please advise of the doctor who knows more about hiv aids in johannesburg.

Reply to Phephe
Posted by: pops | 2004/03/05

If you trust in GOD for healing, HE will deliver. Have faith and trust in GOD for the healing. Remember even the doctors pray to GOD before attempting anything, you should do the same. HE is for you and will look after you if you have Faith in HIM. Where GOD sees faith HE provides. Believe in the power of the miracle that GOD can provide for YOU. He is never wrong and HE is the GOD for us all. HE loves us unconditionally. Be greatful HE still cares and loves you, the CURE is not far from us. GOD is not stupid, have Faith and communicate your specific needs to HIM, you will be delivered.

Reply to pops
Posted by: phephe | 2004/02/20

Can someone tell me how to open e-mail address on yahoo

Reply to phephe
Posted by: LOTHMA | 2004/02/20

I am very sorry to hear about this Phephe - God is still there as we all know - Just pray to God and ask him to help you accept this situation that you cannot change at the moment and try to live with it - because from now on - that is all our mission to live and boost our immune systems in order to avoid these opportunistic infections - that should be the Mission - spiritually speak to God and all the people with positive attitudes and physically eat Healthy and exercise

Hang in there it does get better eventually

Lothma

Reply to LOTHMA
Posted by: malaika | 2004/02/19

Phephe,
Try getting a sedative from your doc to try and help you relax.Im reluctant to suggest sleeping pills because i became dependent on them coz i also could not sleep at all.I also could not concentrate on anything and i have since become very reserved and quiet.Just be strong girlfriend.You will get through this a better person.Trust me.God cannot bring you to it if he cannot get you through it.Always remember that!!!

Reply to malaika
Posted by: SONGEZO | 2004/02/19

YOUR RESULTS MUST BE CONFIRMED WHETHER YOU OPT TO GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR OR YOU CAN EVEN VISIT YOUR CLINIC. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HAVING TAKEN A SECOND TEST THE DOCTOR IS NOT INFORMING YOU OF THE RESULTS. I AM NOT SAYING THIS WILL TURN THE STONES BUT ALL I AM TRYING TO DO HERE IS TO ENSURE THAT YOU GET PROPER AND PROCEDURAL DIAGNOSES

Reply to SONGEZO
Posted by: Phephe | 2004/02/19

I did go for the second test but I did not get the results as yet as the child's doctor said that he will refer me to a GP but its the 3rd week that GP is constantly busy and still trying to get an appointment to find out more - what he said yes we are both positive but he will refer me - still waiting,

Reply to Phephe
Posted by: Songezo | 2004/02/19

Hi Phephe

I am deeply hurt to learn that you have tested + having tested - not so long ago. I can imagine that this is devastating. In time i think your boyfriend will eventually take a test as well, its a right thing to do. It is also encouraging to hear that your boyfreind is supportive. This is exactly what is needed in times like these.

It just can be possible that maybe when you went the first time you were still in the window period. or perhaps you cold have been infected anytime after you first test and when your baby turned 7 months.

Was your second test (+) CONFIRMED BY ANOTHER TEST? Clinics and hospitals are obliged to do this.

Reply to Songezo
Posted by: Phephe | 2004/02/19

I am temping in the company for a week and my assignment is done tomorrow as a result I do not have a fixed e-mail address. I am very deppressed I only sleep and cannot even eat properly now - sometimes I ask myself why am I still alive - from 1am i am awake and cannot concerntrate on anything.Maybe I will get another assignment in a week or two then will try to communicate it really helps.

Reply to Phephe
Posted by: malaika | 2004/02/19

You are more than welcome to give me your email address and we can communicate.It helps to talk about it.
Take care.

Reply to malaika
Posted by: Phephe | 2004/02/19

Thanks for the words of encouragement - wish I can share the burden I have with people who care and feel the pain.
You are amazing.

Reply to Phephe
Posted by: malaika | 2004/02/19

My heart just dropped when i read your story.I don't even know what to say,where to start.I can't imagine what it feels like to be inyour position because you not only have to worry about yourself but your baby and possibly your boyfriend too.I know it is a heavy burden to carry but you can have to be strong.Firstly,i think you need to go for counselling.If you can't afford psychological therapy then i suggest you phone the AIDS Helpline and speak to them.They might even be able to direct you to various support groups and couselling services in your area.You need to accept what has happened to you and pray to God to give you strength to go on.When i found out my status i couldn't cope.I had to lie to my employers that my father had died coz i could't even find the energy to wake up in the morning.When i look back now,it has been 8 months and i can't believe how i survived through that period.It was so tough but as the saying goes; if it doesn't kill you then it only makes you stronger!Remember that its not the end of the world.You can live many many many years if you just keep healthy.You need to eat healthy,exercise regularly and don't allow yourself to stress.Remember: positive mind=positive body.I will keep you in my prayers coz you are special and God Loves You.

Reply to malaika