Posted by: Chantal du Preez | 2005/07/01

Coper T (IUD)

Last year August i was pregnant but lost the baby at 8 weeks - in October), my doctor then said i mst wait for my menstrual sickle to start and go back on the pill again, then i neva started a period, i went bck to my doctor in December - i was pregnant again, he said i was almost 10 weeks, but then yet again i lost the baby. Directly therafter the doctor then insert the Coper T, witch was very painful and sor for me. (Is this suppose to be sore when inserting the IUD?) My doctor then said i will have a light period for a few days witch was fine, but when i had to start my periods again the sickle wasn't 28 days. It went way over 36-38 days before it started. Then when my period started at first for 2-4 days it's only a light spotting, thereafter its a heavy flow for 2-3weeks. Where my normal sickle when i was on the pill (Tripasil) were 28 days exactly and I then only had my periods for 4 days. I want to know if there is something wrong or is this common for a woman when she is useing the Coper T? This have been going on for 5 months, my last month period was still not 28 days sickle but when it did start this time my periods was for 8days. What I also would like to know - Is it true that when a woman have the copper T in her that actually every month she is having a abortion of witch the baby are already 5-6 weeks old? I dont know if this is true and my doctor never said anything like this, but this I heard form a Lady frien that works with me. Please could someone help me and let me know on my questions. I will apprieciate it very much! Regards.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Periods do tend to be heavier and longer with the IUCD. The Pill keeps periods very regular, whereas on hormonal treatement, they may be less regular. The IUCD works by preventing implantation. This occurs at 10 days, not 5-6 weeks.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: michaela | 2005/07/17

Where can i get an IUD inserted? I do not currently have a gynaecologist, is there another option? PLEASE HELP!!

Reply to michaela
Posted by: tracyc | 2005/07/17

Where can i get an IUD inserted in Cape Town? Currently i do not have a gynaecologist..please help!!

Reply to tracyc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.