Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2004/02/15

COPD Assistance

Dear Doc,
Please can you tell me:- Is there any Pumlmonary Rehabilitaion Centers in Gauteng, South Africa. If so where can one find them. My Mom has severe COPD and I am now trying to do what I can do assit, but finding step down clinics or rehab centers is just not that easy, in America maybe, but not South Afirca.

Your positive response would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Debbie

Debbie, I have no idea if there is a place in Johannesburg that works with COPD patients. The best person to ask would be her pulmonologist – he should know if there is a place like that in the area. Good luck.