Question
Posted by: nperson | 2005/07/03

control day-dream

For the past 4 years I have been trying to go to office on time, but all my effort goes in vain.
Always i am late.

If i made a strong resolution i could follow that only for a week or so.

I often go to day-dreaming without realising that the time is going on and even if i realise i never come out of day-dream. (at that time i don't think about anything else.

Pl. advise

Lets see what others may advise, based on their own efforts both to avoid daydreaming aqnd to get to work on time ! Maybe set yourself a schedule of activities that need to get done, one after another, to keep you to busy to daydream ; several alarm-clocks set to go off at different intervals to startle you out of it. And self-discipline --- when you notice ( and you do ) that you are beginning to daydream, snap yourself out of it --- slap your chest, and deliberately focus on a real task.

1
Posted by: Che | 2005/07/03

The best way to deal with this situation is to exercise time management controls and be organised. Ensure that small chores are done the night before and mentally run through what needs to be done the next morning and set a fixed time for this. Set your alarm clock and when it rings react immediately. Once you have set yourself a routine and felt the benefits of being oraginised you should be able to maintain this. Motive yourself by thinking that one day your employer might relieve you of your duties, then you would be unemployed. Be responsible and keep the day-dreaming for the weekend. Best wishes.

Reply to Che