Question
Posted by: Victory Cross | 2004/11/16

Contracting Aids/hiv

My B/F had unprotedcted sex with a sex worker , his aim was to contract HIV /AIDS not for the "pleasure" of the act. this happened once , about ten days ago , what are the chances that he has contracted HIV ? He believes that all his big issues have been of a sexual nature in his life, the best way to commit suicide was therefore to contract HIV.

I am devastated tht he could have been that desperate to go out there and do something like that.
I still Love him however, and I still want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

The only way he will know is to have himself tested. You should abstain from having sex with him or practice safe sex.

3
Posted by: Maakie | 2004/11/17

Get your boyfriend a shrink. He might kill himself with something else. HIV is not a death sentence as he thinks, that is barbaric. He really needs help, and since you are aware of that, try to help him before it is too late. Having unprotected sex with anyone (not just a prostitute) increases your chances of contracting the disease. I am not a prostitute but I am HIV+. As for you my friend, don't gamble with your life, make sure you take precautions - roll down the rubber. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO MAKE THE WRONG CHOICE.

Reply to Maakie
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/17

Getting HIV to commit suicide... does he know that he may still live another 20 years? That is a pathetic excuse... he needs to go for counselling... there is seriously something wrong with his mind!

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Loulou | 2004/11/17

Your bf needs help my dear.

Putting you through all that! If he loves you he would consider your feelings.

Reply to Loulou