Posted by: Unhappy | 2010/11/06

Contract with employer

After retiring I went to work for another place on a contrct basis. After a year they renewed my contract but on the same salary scale which I only realised afterwards but did not say anything. 4 mths ago when it came to renewing my contract again I asked for more money but they refused. I pay my own med. aid, don''t get a 13th cheque or bonus like the other staff, they also don''t have to pay anything towards union fees or pension so they r on a very good wicket with me. I have now been offered another job with more money but current employer wants to hold me to the contract. I tried explaining that I can''t live on a static income year after yeart as my monthly pension is also a static amount, but he will not see my pint of view. I have until Nov. 15th to accept the new job. What are my rights?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Contract with Employer

You don't have rights to a higher salary in a contract postion.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Whena | 2010/11/08

you can resign giving the required period of notice

Reply to Whena

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.