Question
Posted by: mom24 | 2005/07/07

Contraceptives vs Heart attacks and other side effects

Age 22, son 1 year old....What would be the best contraceptive to use..Currently i am on the 3mth injection for 1 year now. But due to this i've been gaining lots of weight and in last month of injection..usually the side effects are a smelly discharge and pimple breakouts.
I would like to go onto the pill, however is does increase the chances of a heartattack, and i've got high blood pressure aswell, so both these factors increase my chances of a heart attack..
I've found the injection to be the safest as i am a A- blood type. and accidently falling pregnant, cause i might end up having to abort the fetus.

Mom24, the best would be to first find out why you have high blood pressure at such a young age. Once this has been sorted out, you should be able to go on a pill like Yasmin.
Is your husbands blood Rh +? If he is negative too it doesn’t matter at all if you fall pregnant. Good luck.