Question
Posted by: Sweety | 2007/11/28

Contraceptives

Hi there Doc.
Ive been on the injection for 4months then later got prescribed to go on the pill for 3months due to the fact that i got irrigular periods.
Ive been off all contraceptives for about a year now and my period is normal but im still battling to fall pregnant do you think that the contraceptives could still be in my system. If not what else can i do

Dear Sweety

The fact that your menstrual cycle is now regular would be more in favour of a normal hormone level. However, there are many other possible factors which may account for the infertility and these will need to be investigated. A priority would be to establish the patency of the fallopian tubes by means of either an x-ray in (HSG) or alternatively a more invasive procedure called a Laparoscopy.