Question
Posted by: SIH | 2006/11/15

Contraceptive pill - urgent advise

HI doc
I have just started my period and want to go back onto the contraceptive pill. When do I have to start it, what is the best one for someone with PCOS to take, and will I be able to get a script from my GP or only my Gynae?

Many thanks

You start in the red section while you are having your period. Diane 35 is best for PCOS and you can get a script from your GP.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/15

You can start your new pill in the red section on the first day of bleeding. (You can start it tonight if today was your first day or or start tomorrow - its not serious, as long as you start in the red section whilst on your period).
You will need to get a script from your gp - he will be able to advise you on the best pill for your condition.

Reply to Lou