Question
Posted by: Lula | 2004/10/22

Contraceptive Injection = No Period?

Morning Gynea Doc,

I was told that the contraceptive injection stops periods while you are on it, is this the truth?

Regards,

Lula

It stops periods in about 85% of women.

3
Posted by: Lula | 2004/10/22

two completely different reports, any one know if it is the brand that effects it?

Reply to Lula
Posted by: PP | 2004/10/22

Hi Lula

I also went on the injection hoping that it would stop my period while I was on it. But I had the opposite – I had very heavy and long periods (13 days). I’m off the injection now & it’s taken my body almost a year to right itself.

Reply to PP
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/10/22

It is not the same for everyone, but I did not have a period while on my 2 month injection

Reply to Jordon