Question
Posted by: :-) | 2008/07/04

CONTRACEPTIVE INJECTION???

IS THERE ANYONE WHO WAS ON THE CONTRACEPTIVE INJECTION AND FELL PREGNANT WITHIN A YEAR AFTER STOPPING IT? CAN IT HAPPEN DOC OR IS IT A FACT THAT IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A YEAR FOR HORMONES TO GET BACK INTO RHYTM? I STOPPED MINE AND HAD NORMAL "MONTHLY" PERIODS STRAIGHT AWAY-SOME 28 DAYS IN BETWEEN, SOME 35 DAYS INBETWEEN...?

THANK YOU!

The one year figure is an average, but there certainly are women who have fallen pregnant sooner. If this does not happen though, there is nothing to panic about as the effects of the injection can last quite a while.

1
Posted by: Lynn | 2008/07/04

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW COZ I WENT OFF THE INJECTION LAST YEAR SEPTEMBER. I HAD MY FIRST PERIOD IN MARCH, I'M ON A 28 DAY CYCLE. I TRYING DESPERATELY TO FALL PREGNANT. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?

Reply to Lynn