Question
Posted by: Gen | 2003/12/06

contraceptive and vaginal infection

I have been on the pill Daine and Marvelon for the past 15 years before and after my son's birth, i'm tired of taking the pil
every day. Is there something else I can use? I also have irregular mentruation and sometimes will miss it totally but will have a discharge which is lumpy, white, smells and i would be itchy, should I be concerned?
l

The discharge sounds like thrush. This can be treated with Canesten pessaries.
If you are having irregular periods, the Pill is the best thing to be on. If you want to use alternative contraception, there is a good section under the A-Z of diseases where you can read more about the contraceptive options.