Question
Posted by: B | 2005/12/04

contraceptive

Can you advice me a contraceptive bills, I'm 27 years old and I never used any contraseptive before. My period is regular.

Dear B

There are many differnt options available with regard to oral contarceptives. It is advisable to start on a monphasic pilll or a low dose pill as this has the best side-effect profile.
As an alternative, you could opt for the new contraceptive patch EVRA. which works on a very similar basis to the contracptive pill and has a very low side effect profile as well and is as effective as the pill.
The advantage of the patch is that you do not have to remember to use it daily. The patch is put on on a once a week basis. Therefore compliance is much more easier.

Should you stilll opt for the pill then a pill such as Femodene may be, amongst many, a good option.