Question
Posted by: Joan | 2005/12/01

Contraceptive

Please advise if the Nova-T device is a suitable contraceptive for an 18 year old, as she does not want to use other contraceptives.

Your soonest feedback would be appreciated.

It can be used but it probably not the best thing in someone who is young, unmarried and has no children.

2
Posted by: Maya | 2005/12/01

I have the copper coil loop - not the T loop cause it has hormones in it that i am allergic to (i am a married 25 years old and married with no children). I must admit that there are pro's and cons to the Loop. Pro's: you don't have to remember to take pills or go for injections. you can "forget" about it for 3 years. the cons are that it is VERY sore to have it put in if you have not had a child (i had it done in the gynaes rooms with no anestetic). and your periods are heavier and sorer. So its up to her what she wants.

Reply to Maya
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

go to the contraceptive talk site, you wil get help there!

Reply to ...