Question
Posted by: Margie | 2006/10/25

Contraception - when to stop

Hi there, I am 45 years old and I am on the Triphasil oral contraceptive. I would like to stop the pill but am aware that I might still be ovulating. I am having my period now and was wondering if I should stop now to see if I menstruate on it's own. How long should i try this for? Should I find that I do not menstruate on my own then can I stop the pill altogether withou side effects?
Thank You
Margie

You need to have a Gynae consultaion and have a Menopausal blood screening done to estimate if you are menopausal or not.

Dr E McIntosh