Posted by: michelle | 2011/10/31

contraception and PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS 8 years ago, obviously with that comes visibly more male features and almost zero period, for me any way. i have met a fabulous man recently and have discussed all this stuff with him, and he is so very understanding. i would like to get my body into a regular pattern and would like to see if by doing that i might be able to lose some of these nasty male features(if at all possible). Is there a contraceptive you can recommend with quite a high level of estrogen.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It will be best to consult a gynaecologist, as PCOS can be treated with more than just a high estrogen containing contraceptive. Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation, in order to understand your condition more clearly:


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.