Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2004/09/30

Contraception and long term use

I do not get my period due to high levels of progesterone secretion , and have been put on a years subscription of Loette contraceptive. Is there a long term negative effect of taking the pill? ie becomimng sterile?

Nope. Fertility returns to what it would be once you stop

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/10/01

Nicky,

Try the www,fertiboost,com website. It is by a homeopathic docter from Durban (Dr Colin) who treats infertility. He has a very good description of the hormonal balances which causes infertility or is related to it.

Have you used the pill before being diagnosed? have you asked your doc about the action of Loette and how it will address the preogesterone problem or is it only to regulate your periods (in which case you might still have the same problem when going off Loette)?

All the best.

Reply to Golly