Question
Posted by: L | 2008/07/22

Contraception

How long is ones first menstrual period supposed to be after breast feeding? and if you start on the pill for your first period does it control it or not? i started my first period after breastfeeding and started taking Yasmin but i have bled for 2 weeks than the 3rd week i spotted now the 4th week i have started bleeding again? and i haven' t even started my next cycle??? is this normal?

Periods can be irregular after stopping breastfeeding. What you describe sounds normal. See how things go in the next few weeks.