Question

Contraception

Dear Cyperdoc,

I have lost about 10 kgs recently and have 7 more to go. I lost this round about the same time I was on the pill- triphasil. I am in a sexual relationship now and would like to go back onto the pill for contraception, do you think this will prevent me losing the last 7kgs and which pill do you recommend. When should one go for a pap smear?

Many thanks

Dear Anon
You should go for a pap smear about once a year if you are sexually active. The pill would not cause you to stop losing weight - Triphasil is a tried and trusted one and ifyou had no problems on it before - go back onto it.