Question
Posted by: V | 2006/10/26

Contraception

HI Doc

I have had two children and have decided not to have anymore
I am on medical aid (disovery) and between my two kids i used the Mirena loop the problem now is that i would like the same loop but the medical aid doesnt cover the cost anymore,
is there an alternative that is as safe. I dont want to take the pill as i forget..

Sterilisation is an option. Otherwise you could use the injectable.

2
Posted by: Zeebie | 2006/10/27

Discovery only pays for the Mirena out of the Medical Savings Account, or when you are in the above-threshold benefit, depending which plan you are on.
They paid for my Mirena last year.

Reply to Zeebie
Posted by: Nixon | 2006/10/27

Hi V,

I was on discovery medical aid and they covered my Mierena cost this year. I had mine inserted on the 10 August 2006, my pharmacist advised me the discovery is the only medical aid that does cover the merina.

Good Luck!
Nixon

Reply to Nixon