Question
Posted by: kat | 2005/11/21

Contraception

I'm going on holiday soon and i'm due have my period halfway through... I"m on tiphasil and want to know if there's anyway i can skip my period/ postpone it or prevent it without being at risk of getting pregnant???

Skip the placebos and carry on with the next pack.

5
Posted by: Nikita | 2005/11/21

Thanks a lot Ray. Now everthing makes more sense.

Reply to Nikita
Posted by: Ray | 2005/11/21

Hi Nikita,
If you have just started on the brown pills then that means you shouldn’t be getting your period on Thursday. You only get your period when you start taking the “inactive pills” ie the red ones. If you want to skip a period then just don’t take the inactive (red ones) just continue to another pack. I don’t think this is advisable to do all the time but every now and then for a holiday etc I think it is fine.

Reply to Ray
Posted by: Nikita | 2005/11/21

It still doesn't answer my question. I'm using Nordette. It has three light brown rows and one red row. I'm only in the first row of the light brown once. It's gonna take me 2 1/5 weeks to get to the red once. Does that mean i'm only gonna get my period when i reach the red pills??

Reply to Nikita
Posted by: just helping | 2005/11/21

Read posting 16508 and 16439

Reply to just helping
Posted by: Nikita | 2005/11/21

I have the same problem. I'm on Nordette and i'm due to have my period on Thursday. But the problem is, me and my boyfriend are leaving for camp on Friday returning on Sunday. Is there a way that i can skip my my period or just move it on to a later date.

Reply to Nikita