Question
Posted by: Newly Wed(PLEASE HELP) | 2004/02/23

Contraception

My next cycle starts tmrw and im going on a pill called yasmin. i would just like to know how long does it take to become effective. When can i start having unprotected sex and not have to worry about falling pregnant.

You will be safe after 7 days of the active pills.

2
Posted by: anon | 2004/02/23

some pills may vary in the time they take to become effective but with mine- Dianette you are protected after 7 days (also if u are ill or take anti biotics then you have to use another form of contraception for 7 days until u are protected again). i phone up the nurse who reassured me about the '7 days'. i suggest for ur different brand of pill, u do the same

Reply to anon
Posted by: Dr. Yaleo | 2004/02/23

Usually about one month after starting to take the pill.

Reply to Dr. Yaleo