Question
Posted by: lara | 2003/03/13

continuous throat infection

ive been batteling to overcome a type of throat infection. it is not painful or even uncomfortable. from what i can see my saliva glands are swollen at the back of my cheeks. a type of white/yellow waxy type discharge in the form of little balls is excreted constantly. it is very foul smelling. i have been to two doctors who have prescribed anti-biotics and mouthwash. it seems to help a bit but it never completely cures me. after the anti-biotics it flares up just as it was before. i have been batteling with this for about 6 months. if anyone knows what it is or has had something similar please advise me. ofcourse your advise would be wonderful too! thanks.

Lara, it’s difficult to say for sure what the problem is without examining you first, but it sounds like a bacterial infection from this side of the screen. If it is, antibiotics are the appropriate treatment and maybe all that’s the matter is that you didn’t take it for a long enough time. Maybe the best would be to see and ENT specialist and have it sorted out. Good luck.

1
Posted by: cathy | 2003/03/14

I will be interested to see what Cyberdoc says. I too have been battling throat. tonsilitis, pharyngitis, sinusitus, with constant postanal drips, little white spots in throat, swollen glands, temperature and to top it all a cold sore that keeps flaring up. Three lots of antibiotics and cortizone - once treatment is finished about a week later it flares up again - this has gone on for over three months. No relief in site. Is there some new type of bug about that is causing all this? By the way I was in the UK over Christmas and everyone seemed to have colds or flu.

Reply to cathy