Posted by: V | 2005/12/01

Continuous eye infection

Hi, I got an infection in both eyes about one month ago. It was quite bad with red eyes and lots of puss coming out. I wiould wake up with my eyes sealed shut cos the puss had dried overnight. Unfortunately I left it for a week before going to a doctor who diagnosed conjunctivitis and gave me an eye ointment called Chlorcol to put in my eyes for 5 days. It cleared up but a week later returned but not as intense as before. I then started up the ointment treatment again. To this day every morning I get a little bit of puss coming out one of my eyes and my eyes tend to be very dry and sometimes incredibly itchy. I am so careful about spreading the infection, towels and not touching my eyes and yet I can't beat it. I have thrown all mascaras and eyeliners away since it begun. What shall I do about this. Will it go away eventually or will I need some kind of other treatment?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear V,
You could have an underlying allergy for something that makes your eyes more susceptible to infection. Please go back to your doctor for an examination, he could maybe put you on a combination of a cortisone and antibiotic eyedrop for a week that may clear this up for you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: wendy | 2005/12/01

Hallo V
I am sorry to hear about your discomfort. I suggest that you go to your pharmacist or doctor and get another course of treatment. This infection can be very stubborn and you may have to change the ointment you were using. There is an ointment called Sulphacetamide which is excellent for this type of infection. Please do not hesitate about going back to your doctor, he will definitely not think you are being silly. Good Luck!

Reply to wendy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.