Posted by: lorraine van eden | 2010/10/14

contineous bronchitis,ear infection,

I have had bronchitis 6 times this year and also double ammonia. I am on a daily allegex tablet. With the bronchitis i have a constant chest problems. I do Know that I am allergic to mushrooms, which I do not eat any longer. Due to mushrooms I was rushed to hospital and was on a drip, I struggled to breathe.(3 months ago) At present my body is itching all over and on my hands I have what appears to be liitle pimples on my palm ofmy hands. I have been given a medicated soap to bath and also Alsan cream. I also have a sore throat and a runny nose. Please advise if I need to see a ENT specialist again. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Lorraine

You were very ill, and it sounds as if your condition has effected your lungs as well as your upper respiratory tract. It would be advisable to have an ENT as well as a Pulmonologist look at your condition as a whole, as one is clearly affecting the other. Regarding your symptoms of itching and your hands, you need advice from a physician, (your doctors would have looked at this), as this seems to be of a more systeminc nature.
It would be a good idea to consult your ENT at this stage, as you now require a more longterm plan for the management of your runny nose and sore throat.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.