Question
Posted by: Nakes | 2004/11/27

Conterceptives

I am 24 years old and will be getting married in the next few months. I have never been on any conterceptive cause I am stil a virgin.
My question is What conterceptive to use?
Tthere is a history in my family of not falling pregnant. I am not sure of what type of conterceptives i should take as i dont want to minimise my chances to fall pregnant, when we do plan to start a family.

I do have a very irregular period, where i would not menstruate for 2months, Or there would be months where my period would last for 2 or 4 days.

We did agree on using male condoms however i feel i should also take precautions.
Please advise.

It might be advisable to see a gynaecologist for a general check before you get married. It would be useful to know if you were ovulating or not, so that you have an idea of what the chances are when you do decide to fall pregnant. The oral conraceptive might be the best thing to start with.

1
Posted by: vaugh | 2004/11/29

Hi there.

Congrats on your up comming wedding. Just a little advice do not go on the depo injection. It has given me nothing but hassles. With constant bleeding i have tried everything to stop it but to no avail. I can't suggest any other contraceptive. But i hope this little bit of advise will help.

Reply to vaugh