Posted by: NT | 2005/12/11

Contacting a therapist

How does a person get a list of therapists in their area. Through this forum I have been advised to get help from a "CBT" style therapist. I need the help. How do I find it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I don't know of the exisence of any such list. Psychologists and Psychiatrists ought to be listed in your local phone directory. Finding out about their particular specialties or interests is much more difficult, sadly, because the Health Professions Council prefers to discourage it, unwisely, as this is something which patients need. One can only call the office of local shrinks and ask if they provide CBT / Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy. If anyone else finds such a listing, do let me know about it in a fresh posting

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.