Question
Posted by: NT | 2005/12/11

Contacting a therapist

How does a person get a list of therapists in their area. Through this forum I have been advised to get help from a "CBT" style therapist. I need the help. How do I find it?

I don't know of the exisence of any such list. Psychologists and Psychiatrists ought to be listed in your local phone directory. Finding out about their particular specialties or interests is much more difficult, sadly, because the Health Professions Council prefers to discourage it, unwisely, as this is something which patients need. One can only call the office of local shrinks and ask if they provide CBT / Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy. If anyone else finds such a listing, do let me know about it in a fresh posting