Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2007/03/16

Contaceptive choices

I am currently on the contraceptive injection and have been for a long time, I am still young but have no plans to start a family with my husband in the near future. I don't know whether to carry on with the injections because I don't want any form of surgical or invasive things and I can''t swallow pills. I have been looking at the IUD but I had a history of very heavy periods before I started the injection. What are my options?

It is fine to continue with the injection. Remember that you should stop at least a year before you plan to have children.