Question
Posted by: anon2 | 2007/08/16

Consultation

Three weeks ago I’ve been booked of with a bipolar mixed episode for a week. Since it was only for a week I think it couldn't have been serious. The shrink changed the meds combo when he booked me off, and told me he wants to see me in a month’s time. I feel perfectly fine now. Would it still be necessary to see the shrink so soon? I have to see him in six months’ time for a renewal of the prescription anyway. I always feel foolish when I have to see a doc for a second consultation when there is absolutey nothing wrong with me.

Why decide now, rather than wait and see how you feel in that month's time ? If by then you are feeling fine and remaining stable, maybe call his office in good time to cancel the appointment and leave a message saying that everything's going fine, and can you see him in 3 or 6 months, rather than so soon