Question
Posted by: Wils | 2007/12/03

constipation relief-I havediverticulitis

I have suffered from the above for several years and have been hospitalized on one occasion. All too often, I get severe constipation although I eat very healthily and take prunes and prune juice, mineral oil and metamucil in the morning with orange juice. Why do I still get constipation for 3 days or more?

Dear Wils
It is not necessary for every person to have a bowel motion every day. If you do not experience pain or discomfort for the 3 days when you do not pass a stool, then this is not hampering your body. If you do develop pain and discomfort if you don't have a bowel motion every day, then I would recommend that you add wheat fibre and probiotics to your regimen. Please click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diverticulitis and Diet' to access an article I wrote the other day on this topic. Follow the instructions for adding dietary fibre GRADUALLY so that you don't stress your bowels.

1
Posted by: Moeg gesukkel | 2008/07/22

Any natural remedies to help with consipation? Doing the 8 glasses of water, high fibre.

Prune juice I can' t face. Any pill with no bad taste to drink?

Reply to Moeg gesukkel