Question
Posted by: mno | 2008/08/11

Constipation problem

I would like to know on what might be causing constipation cause my wife gets constipated from time to time?As a result at times it gets so painful& it becomes difficult for her to go to the loo.Sometimes there' s something which comes out like an intestine from her& it makes difficult for her to sit.She' s been to the Dr' s but it seems there' s nothing that helps.This started last year when she was pregnant& she delivered in Oct07 but the problem still remains.Can you suggest on which Dr should we visit cause we are staying in Centurion?????

Dear Mno
I would recommend that you wife should consult a surgeon because it sounds as if she may have a prolapsed bowel. If you are in Centurion, phone the Unitas Hospital and ask enquiries to refer you to one of their general surgeons. Constipation is usually caused by a lack of dietary fibre or roughage in the diet. Constipation can be counteracted by increasing dietary fibre content and using probiotics ("good microorganisms") to normalise bowel function. To increase your dietary fibre intake and obtain tips about this condition, click on ‘Diet', ‘You are what you eat' and "Healthy GI tract'. The use of probiotics ('beneficial microorganisms') such as LP 299V (buy at chemist) can also promote normal bowel movements.
I do hope you wife will soon be feeling much better.

4
Posted by: Dimax | 2009/04/15

Hi Doc, my husband started complaining about a pain on the lower abdominal almost towards the back and then it was the stomach and he couldn' t do number 2. The pain was so severe that i ended up taking him to the hospital because we thought it was appendix but they ruled it out to be constipation. I really got worried when he started vomiting and he refused to eat ' cause evcerything came out. If this is indeed constipation, waht do you think was the cause and to avoid it, what must he do? Thank you for your help.

Reply to Dimax
Posted by: emms | 2008/09/16

i eat prunes. eat activia yoghurt, crushed wheat bread, snack bars, eat alot of oranges, steamed vegies and steamed fish and only chicken and tuna. i had some red meat over the weekend.

not one thing i did helps...

my doc just sais wrong fruits and give things that does not work...

where to next? another doc?

Reply to emms
Posted by: Emms | 2008/09/16

Good day to you

I feel full of crap ... excuse the punt... i dont know what to do anymore... i have been constipated now for almost 3 weeks and during this 3 weeks i tried laxatives and used a set pill and everything.... not something i did not try.

i went to the doctor this week and he proscribed me some meds to help my bowl movement. i have a lot of cramps and not a lot is happening down there...?? im fed up. i eat a balanced diet! i am super active. and according to my doc this is because of the wrong fruits...

i need to get some movement or i feel like im gonna explode...

urgent advise please???

regards
full of crap
ms...

Reply to Emms
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/08/11

Your G.P or her Gynochologist could assist in this regards els she could also use pruns and wheat-ban.

Reply to Zexeon