Question
Posted by: Sharry | 2007/04/16

Constipation in pregnancy

Is constipation in pregnancy normal and what can be taken to overcome it.
How can it be prevented in future?

It is and you can use Senokot. You can eat fruit, bran and grains to help prevent it.

3
Posted by: Sharry | 2007/04/16

Thank you for all your assistance. It really is a terrible feeling. Been suffering badly for the last week. I think I will try the glycerine suppositories.

Reply to Sharry
Posted by: AD | 2007/04/16

if you are anything like me... you can eat all & take all you like BUT NOTHING works... i even tried to drink lots of water... to no avail. My pharmicist suggested Glycerine suppositories... it worked wonders & in uder 10minutes.

Reply to AD
Posted by: lonely | 2007/04/16

Its normal...what helps for me is Kellogs high fibre bran, and drinking lots of water, prune juice or dry fruit helps as well.. you can take Senokot as well but its best to go natural.. Nitriday bran yogurt helps for me as well...but most important is to drink lots of water

Reply to lonely