Posted by: Loislane | 2008/08/13

Constipation in dogs

my bull terrier suffers from constipation. Can i give him brooklax or any other laxative.

Dear Loislane

Lactulose works well, depening on size 1-10ml 2-3 times daily.

Posted by: Manda | 2008/08/20

I find that eco lax works well. it is available from vets and dischem. I have a german shepard. and it worked on him. Try giving some natural Yogurt as well to help with the bacteria in his gut. Dogs love yogurt and it is good for them to

Reply to Manda
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/13

And what exactly do you mean by ' constipation' ? I don' t suppose you watch him all the time... how often does he ' go' ? What symptoms do you notice?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/13

Changing his diet might also help. What does he eat now ?

Reply to Carol