Question
Posted by: Destry | 2007/07/19

Constipation

I am 75yrs of age and get occasional constipation.Would you
recomend Fybogel or Movicol?

Dear Destry
I think you should first try Fybogel and also increase the amount of dietary fibre in your diet by either eating a high-bran cereal in the mornings or stewed dried fruit (e.g. prunes). Also have 2-3 glasses of water a day and if possible go for a gentle walk every day as this also stimulates bowel movements. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.

1
Posted by: Destry. | 2007/07/20

Thank you for your reply.Your articles [123 and 124] really say
it all.Thanx.

Reply to Destry.