Question

Constipation

Hi Doc.
I have had a spastic colon for 9 years now. If I'm lucky I visit the loo once a week and that's with laxatives and black forest tea. I have tried everything - Fybogel, Movicol, Epsom Salts, Suppositories, Duphalac, Senekot...the list goes on and on. Of late, it gets so bad that I cannot stand up straight - it feels like someone is stabbing me starting from my lower abdomen moving right through to my back (this is after I had not been on the loo for longer than a week)
Please help!!!!

Dear Anon
Try Timjan or Laxotabs - it contains aloe and normally does not give cramping.

2
Posted by: Anne | 2007/05/24

Add fibre to your diet through wholewheat bread, brown rice, beans - all kinds and for what is worth try Probiotics in tablet or liquid form. I find that Probiotics calm an upset digestive system in what feels like minutes

Reply to Anne
Posted by: MYLZE | 2007/05/24

Anon

You are not alone. All those that you listed in your mail i used them myself but to no avail. I have the same problem as you i am so frustrated i don't know what to do. Mine started in 4 years ago to date. I was advised by my doctor to eat more fibre and prunes and pears, i'm telling the condition is so severe that none of these work. I am beginning to ask myself whether my colon is still that of a human being or that of a sheep or a goat because my stools look the same as the stools of sheep or goats. To visit the loo is a torture for me because i have to push very hard and out of that hard push comes on pellet like stool. I drink a lot of water more than eight glasses of water a day no help. I ve been to the specialist who performed colonoscopy on me still no difference. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies still no difference. I used enema on Tuesday and i have'nt been to the loo since although i eat healthily and i'm only one with this problem in my house.

Reply to MYLZE