Question
Posted by: Stomach | 2007/05/04

Constipation

Please help me, I suffer from consttopation most of the days.

I eat my fruits (mostly apples) and I do eat my cereals every morning (all bran and wheatbix and oats), I drink wate but warm water as I don't like cold water and over 2lt per day.
So I really don't know.

Dear Stomach
If you do pass stools which are not hard and require straining or cause pain and discomfort, but only have a motion every second or even third day, then you do not really suffer from constipation. It is a fallacy that every person needs to pass one or more stools a day to be regular. So if this is the case, then stop worrying about being constipated. If you do suffer from hard, dry stools that cause pain and discomfort, then I would recommend 3 things: 1) have 2 -3 tablespoons of boiled, dried fruit with your high-bran cereal in the mornings, 2) take probiotics ("good microorganisms') such as Intestiflora or Bifidoflora (buy at health shop) every day, 3) if these first 2 measures do not help for the condition after 3-4 weeks, then use Fybogel (buy at chemist) on a regular basis. Fybogel is a gentle laxative that does not damage the normal bowel movements or cause diarrhoea.

1
Posted by: Visibly | 2007/05/07

4 Dried Prunes in boiling water overnight (In a mug) drink on empty stomach. Eat prunes. It works for me.

Reply to Visibly