Question
Posted by: Embarrassed | 2005/11/27

constipation

For the past couple of weeks now, I have had a problem with my stomach. I have always been very regular. My diet hasn't changed at all, but lately I just can't go, and when I do manage to go (after straining for almost an hour), it feels like I still need to do more, but the sraining is just in vain. I have now developed painful piles. Prune juice doesn't help a stich.

I am not sure what is causing this problem, but I am definitely not pregnant and I am sure it is not cancer. (I am too young). I've been taking prednisone be-tabs for an inflammatory condition involving my spinal cord. Could this be causing the problem ?

I really can't discuss this with my doctor, as I'd rather die than be examined.

Embarrassed, your doctor will probably do nothing embarrassing, but you can try taking something like Laxette® before you visit him. If it doesn’t take care of the problem the best would be to see him. Good luck.